Customer Service Representative
*?This is for a 0.75 Regular Part-Time As & When (RPTAW) position at Dease Lake Service BC
* An eligibility list may be established.
NOTE:? The Hiring Panel anticipates assessing and/or interviewing candidates between January 7 to 14, 2019.
An exciting opportunity to be part of a team that strives to be best in class!
Service BC Division is government’s leading provider of citizen- and business-centred services. Through our province-wide network of over 60 in-person service centres and a province-wide Contact Centre, we provide over 600 services on behalf of close to 40 partner ministries and agencies.
Through BC Registries and Online Services, we provide trusted registry services including the Corporate Registry, Personal Property Registry, Manufactured Home Registry, OneStop Business Registry and BC Online.? We also have an important mandate to deliver secure and privacy-enhancing identity services for citizens and businesses, through the Provincial Identity and Information Management Program, to support access to digital government services and information.
Within Service BC Division, our people and our culture are important to us. We look for people who are motivated to deliver an excellent service experience to citizens, businesses, colleagues, peers, clients and partners. Our vision is to deliver innovation, value, and service excellence to the citizens of British Columbia and our aspirational goal is to become a best-in-class public service delivery organization. We believe in being kind and helpful, and we are committed to delivering “Service with Heart”.
The role of a Customer Service Representative (CSR) is to provide an excellent service experience to citizens and businesses across a broad range of programs.? A CSR is the frontline contact in the delivery of these services and will provide in-person counter service and telephone services to citizens.? CSR’s are expected to be knowledgeable; citizen service-oriented and exhibit a high degree of tact, diplomacy and discretion.? All contacts and service delivery assignments are expected to reflect the spirit of the mission and values statement of Service BC.
‘Service With Heart’ is provided in an environment which strives to connect with citizens and business in order to complete all aspects of an information request, application filing or financial transaction as a one visit occurrence or to make arrangements for completing their requirements on a follow through basis by subsequent mail, telephone, or in-person attention from the staff of the responsible ministry.? Services are provided for provincial government programs as well as making available a variety of services on behalf of other levels of government and other public sector agencies.
Clerical and administrative functions include documentation batching, calculation of fees, recording of transactions, writing related correspondence and reports; and assisting with other administrative aspects of the office.
Service BC is an excellent opportunity to develop your career with government due to the exposure to a wide variety of programs.
NOTE: This Regular Part Time As & When (RPTAW) position is 0.75% of a full time regular position. The hours and days of work will vary bi-weekly, ranging from nil to full time hours, depending on operational demand, but will average no less than the annual guarantee of 1370.25 hours between April 1 and March 31 of the following year.?? In the first year of employment these hours will be prorated based on start date.? Scheduled start and end times are variable from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, Monday to Friday, dependent on operational requirements.? Further hours may be offered in addition to the annual guaranteed hours. Work schedules are provided a minimum of 14 days in advance.? Employees are required to work assigned scheduled shift.? Work schedules may be amended due to operational requirements.? If work schedules are changed with less than 14 days’ notice a prescribed scheduled time period for contact will be utilized during which RPTAW employees will be contacted to work if required.
Only a few hours from the Yukon border, Dease Lake is a community that enjoys fishing and boating. Surrounding Dease Lake are scenic provincial parks, such as Boya Lake and Kinaskan Lake, which offer sandy beaches and a perfect environment for kayaking and canoeing.
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
For complete details about this opportunity, including accountabilities, please refer to the attached job profile.? For specific position related enquiries, please contact Amanda.Jacobs@gov.bc.ca. DO NOT SEND YOUR APPLICATION TO THIS EMAIL ADDRESS.? For more information about how to complete your job application, add/edit your resume and for more useful tips when applying for jobs, please refer to the Your Job Application page on the MyHR website. If you are still experiencing technical difficulty applying for a competition, please send an e-mail to BCPSA.Hiring.Centre@gov.bc.ca, before the stated closing time, and we will respond as soon as possible to assist you.
NOTE: Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Standard Time on the closing date of the competition.
In order to be considered for this position, your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the education and experience as outlined below:
- Minimum grade 12 graduation required, or equivalent.
- Minimum of two (2) years clerical experience, education and/or relevant training.
- Minimum one (1) year full-time equivalent clerical experience (achieved within the past 3 years) in a high volume public facing environment in combination with relevant training;
- Relevant training could include but not limited to office administration, cashier training, etc.;
- There will be different combinations of relevant training and one (1) year full-time experience that would result in the person meeting the above standards.
- Minimum of two (2) years customer service experience, providing excellent in-person information and services to the public.
- Preference may be given to applicants who have completed a training program focused on customer service/service excellence.
- Minimum 12 months experience handling financial transactions (eg. payment processing, cash handling) from the public.
- Experience/training in keyboarding, word processing, and standard computer applications (ie. MS Office – Word, Excel, Outlook, Internet, standard computer applications and data bases).
- Preference may be given to applicants who have clerical and administrative office experience in a public service sector environment.
- Willingness to keep self-informed on current trends and issues through ongoing training, education and participation in branch projects.
- Willingness to perform repetitive tasks while standing at a counter or getting up and down from a chair frequently, for up to seven hours a day.
- Willingness to lift and carry boxes/mailbags weighing up to 20 pounds, for distances of up to 10 feet, and to manipulate them from heights which may require the use of a foot stool.
- Willingness to travel occasionally, for varying lengths of time.
Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile located in the Additional Information section at the bottom of the posting.
A Criminal Record Check (CRC) will be required.
Cover Letter: NO – Please do not submit a cover letter as it will not be reviewed.
Resume: YES – Ensure your resume includes your educational accomplishments, employment history including start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and any relevant information that relates to the job to which you are applying.
Questionnaire: YES (COMPREHENSIVE) – As part of the application process, you will be prompted to complete a comprehensive online questionnaire to demonstrate how you meet the job requirements. Please allot approximately 60 minutes to complete the questionnaire.
IMPORTANT: Comprehensive questionnaire responses will be used to shortlist applicants against the job requirements. Please ensure you include all relevant information about your educational accomplishments and employment history including job titles, start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and your accountabilities and accomplishments.