Manager, Workforce Manager, Customer Care Centre (CCC)
Administrative Officer R24
STEP into a career with one of BC’s Top Employers since 2009.
The Liquor Distribution Branch (LDB) is one of the largest distributors and retailers of beverage alcohol in Canada, generating a net income of approximately $1.08 billion on annual sales of approximately $3.3 billion in fiscal 2016/17. LDB has a workforce of approximately 4,000 full and part-time employees, operates 197 retail stores across the province, oversees the operations of approximately 220 Rural Agency Stores and has the role of wholesaler to approximately 700 private liquor retail outlets and 10,000 licensed establishments.
The LDB is a unique government entity that operates with similar independence to a Crown Corporation under the direction of a General Manager and CEO.
This Workforce Manager is responsible for all activities related to long and short range forecasting and planning, agent scheduling, and real time intra-day functions. This position manages activities related to reporting for operations and provides direction and management of direct reports to ensure that program planning and intra-day management supports business objectives for a multi-site call center operation.
On a continuous basis, this individual analyzes and reports on the most efficient and cost-effective staffing and scheduling strategies required delivering cost-effective solutions according to pre-determined performance metrics to ensure consistency and quality of work efforts.
The Workforce Manager has the ability to succeed in a dynamic, fast-paced environment, and quickly find alternative solutions to challenges.
An eligibility list for permanent or temporary future opportunities may be established. A criminal record check is required.
Please note that a cover letter is a requirement for this competition.
For complete details about this opportunity, including accountabilities, please refer to the attached job profile.? For specific position related enquiries, please contact Jasdeep Dhaliwal, HR Advisor by phone at 604 252-3474. For more information about how to complete your job application, add/edit your resume and for more useful tips when applying for jobs, please refer to the Your Job Application page on the MyHR website.
Only applications submitted using the BC Public Service Recruitment System on this website will be accepted.
Visit Careers at: www.bcldb.com
Education and Experience
- Degree in Science, Computer Science, Mathematics or related field.
- Minimum of five years recent*, related experience in a complex call centre operation or related field.
- Minimum of three years of management experience.
- Proven experience consolidating and analyzing data sources.
- Experience forecasting in call centre environments.
- Experience using large databases with complex relationships between tables.
- Experience in scheduling in a call centre environment.
- Experience in daily monitoring in a call centre environment.
*Recent is defined as occurring within the last five years.
A combination of education, training, and experience may be considered.
- Working knowledge of CRM systems and workforce management systems.
- In depth Knowledge of all phases of Workforce Management including Planning, Forecasting, Scheduling and Real Time Intra-day functions.
- Excellent knowledge of call center principles and call center performance metrics / reporting.
- Knowledge of queuing theory and call centre mathematics.
- Familiarity with advanced analytic tools.
- Familiarity with call centre scheduling software.
- Excellent working knowledge of computer programs including Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Experienced user with SQL, VBA and Tableau.
Skills and Abilities
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Excellent problem solving skills along with excellent attention to details.
- Demonstrated abilities in oral and written communication.
- Demonstrated ability to produce meaningful results from data.
- Ability to learn new applications quickly with minimal direction.
- Ability to work independently and demonstrate good analytical and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to apply and interpret policies/practices.
- Superior collaborative working abilities
- Demonstrated ability with category planning/ retail space planning software.
- Strong analytical and problem management skills.