Administrative Officer R24?
4 vacancies are currently available in Surrey.
An eligibility list may be established for future temporary and/or permanent vacancies in Kelowna, Prince George, Surrey, Victoria.
IMPORTANT NOTICE TO APPLICANTS
As of November 27, 2018, an annual lump sum retention incentive of up to $5,000 is available to regular permanent positions in the following roles and classifications in the Community Safety Unit, Ministry of Public Safety and Solicitor General working in investigations related to the Cannabis Control and Licensing Act:
- Administrative Officer 21 – Investigator
- Administrative Officer 24 – Senior Investigator
An excellent senior opportunity for a dedicated professional
Cannabis legalization represents an historic shift in public policy. British Columbia has prioritized the goals of protecting children and youth, promoting health and safety, keeping the criminal element out of cannabis, keeping our roads safe, and supporting economic development. The?Community Safety?Unit, operating within the Ministry of Public Safety and Solicitor General, is charged with the responsibility of conducting inspections and investigations of illegal cannabis dispensaries and related operations to ensure compliance with?federal and provincial cannabis laws.
In this position you will provide leadership and guidance to investigators located in four regional offices across the province involved in compliance and enforcement of illegal unlicensed cannabis sellers pursuant to the Cannabis Control and Licensing Act. The Senior Investigator will ensure that the duties of the investigators are conducted in a professional manner and in accordance with the principles of administrative fairness, so that the objectives of the legislation are upheld, including protecting public health and safety, preventing young people from accessing cannabis, and deterring criminal activity.
To learn more about these B.C communities you can click on the Hello BC link here!
The BC Public Service is an award winning employer and offers employees competitive benefits, amazing learning opportunities and a chance to engage in rewarding work with exciting career development opportunities. For more information, please see What We Offer.
For complete details about this opportunity, including accountabilities, please refer to the attached job profile.? For specific position related enquiries, please contact Jacqueline.Lence@gov.bc.ca. DO NOT SEND YOUR APPLICATION TO THIS EMAIL ADDRESS.? For more information about how to complete your job application, add/edit your resume and for more useful tips when applying for jobs, please refer to the Your Job Application page on the MyHR website. If you are still experiencing technical difficulty applying for a competition, please send an e-mail to BCPSA.Hiring.Centre@gov.bc.ca, before the stated closing time, and we will respond as soon as possible to assist you.
NOTE: Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Standard Time on the closing date of the competition.
In order to be considered for this position, your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the education and experience as outlined below:
- Experience with covert operations and surveillance;
- Recent policing experience (within the last three years);
- Experience utilizing Major Case File Management;
- Experience with regulatory inspections or investigations in the Provincial government; and
- Writing, preparing and organizing search warrants, sometimes involving multiple agencies.
- Satisfactory background and security screening to qualify as a Special Provincial Constable.
- May be required to travel alone, late at night in remote areas of the province, under a variety of weather conditions.
- Required to work weekends, evenings, on a flexible schedule.
- Must be able to respond to provocation, threats and intimidation tactics in a professional manner.
- Must have the ability to sit for long periods in poor conditions while carrying out surveillance.
- Valid BC driver’s licence required.
- Required to work in locations that may pose a variety of risks/hazards (e.g. weapons, drug use, prostitution, organized crime, remote locations, poor weather, etc.).
Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile located in the Additional Information section at the bottom of the posting.
Enhanced Security Screening will be required.
Cover letter required: NO – Please do not submit a cover letter as it will not be reviewed.
Resume required: YES – A resume is required as part of your application, however, it?may not?be used for initial shortlisting purposes.
Questionnaire: YES (COMPREHENSIVE) – As part of the application process, you will be prompted to complete a comprehensive online questionnaire to demonstrate how you meet the job requirements. Please allot approximately 60 minutes to complete the questionnaire.
IMPORTANT: Comprehensive questionnaire responses will be used to shortlist applicants against the job requirements. Please ensure you include all relevant information about your educational accomplishments and employment history including job titles, start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and your accountabilities and accomplishments.